Those interested in summer housing on-campus at the Uptown Campus must submit a Summer Housing Application beginning April 1st, 2023. For Summer 2023, any Tulane University student is eligible to live at the Uptown Campus. On-campus housing is in Weatherhead and Mayer Halls for summer 2023.
Below are the Summer 2023 housing room rates for May 12, 2023 through August 19, 2023 (see below for specific dates students are eligible to live on-campus). Students will be billed to their student account for the number of nights they stay and a minimum of 14 consecutive nights is required.
Daily rates for Summer 2023:
- Single Room: $40 per night
- Double Room: $34 per night per person
Full Summer Rate for Summer 2023:
- May 12th - August 19th for Incoming New Students
- Single Room: $3720
- Double Room (per person): $3162
- May 12th - August 19th for Returning Students
- Single Room: $3880
- Double Room (per person): $3298
Please note, for students who have a Fall 2023 room assignment and are eligible to live in Summer Housing between August 4th and August 19th, students will be liable for Summer Housing Charges until the 1st day they are eligible to move-in for the Fall 2023 semester.. Please visit our website for Fall 2023 Move-In for more information when it is available.
Important Summer Housing Availability Information
Students will need to list their housing needs from May 12, 2023 to August 19, 2023 within the application. Any Tulane University Student who completes an application and is approved may live on-campus for Summer 2023 between May 25, 2023 and August 4, 2023. Students may only live on-campus at the Uptown campus between May 12, 2023 and May 25th, or August 4th and August 19th if they meet the guidelines below.
- From May 12th through May 25th, Summer housing is only available for students who currently live at the Uptown Campus during the Spring 2023 semester.
- Students who select an expected arrival date between May 12th and May 25th will only be approved if they have a Spring 2023 room assignment at the Uptown Campus that they currently live in.
- Students will live in their Spring room assignment until they are required to move to their Summer room assignment between May 25th and May 26th and must be in town to move to summer housing on these days.
- From Friday, August 4th through August 19th, Summer Housing is only available for students living at the Uptown Campus for the Fall 2023 semester
- Students who select an expected departure date between August 4th and August 19th will only be approved if they have a Fall 2023 room assignment at the Uptown Campus or are guaranteed to receive a room via the Guaranteed Waitlist
- Students are required to move from their Summer 2023 room assignment to their Fall 2023 room assignment at the Uptown Campus between August 3rd and August 4th.
Students who do not currently live at the Uptown Campus during the Spring 2023 semester may not move-in to Summer Housing until May 25th, 2023 at the earliest. Students who do not have a room assignment at the Uptown Campus for Fall 2023 must move-out of Summer Housing by August 4 2023 at the latest.
Students living in areas impacted by construction may be required to move earlier.
Students who live at the Uptown Campus for Spring 2023, are enrolled in Maymester courses, and plan to move-out on May 27, 2023 may request a move-out date of May 27th, 2023, and will not be required to relocate unless required due to summer construction projects, if approved. Maymester students must notate in their reasoning for requesting summer housing that they are enrolling in Maymester courses to ensure proper processing of their request.
The Summer Housing Application can be accessed from the Housing Portal and will be available starting April 1st, 2023.