Weatherhead Residence Hall
Named in honor of the late Albert J, Weatherhead III and his wife, Celia, who is a graduate of Newcomb and a member of the Board of Tulane, Weatherhead Residence Hall is one of Tulane’s returning student communities. Weatherhead features suite-style double and single rooms. The Weatherhead desk is open 24/7 to assist residents with key/access issues, security concerns, or additional questions. Contact the Weatherhead front desk at 504-865-4120.
Weatherhead is also home to a faculty member and their family. This Faculty in Residence helps college residents to become more engaged in the intellectual and social activities at the University.
Designed by the architecture firm Hanbury Evans Wright Vlattas + Co in association with John C. Williams Architects, Weatherhead Hall opened in August 2011. In 2012, it received a merit award for architecture from the American Institute of Architects, New Orleans chapter, as well as the Best Architecture/Design Innovator award from Student Housing Business magazine.
- Dimensions: 18'-2" x 11'-5"
- Flooring: Low-pile carpet
- Includes: height-adjustable Twin XL bed, double-sided memory foam mattress, closet, desk, chair, shelving, dresser and Microfridge (mini fridge/microwave combo)
- Approximate furniture dimensions:
- Closet: 6' W x 8' H x 2' D
- Bed Twin XL adjusts up to 30" H
- Desk: 42"W x 24"D x 30"H
- Desk chair: 35"H x 17.5"W x 18"D
- Dresser: 30"W x 24"D x 30"H
- Microfridge: 18.625"W x 19.5"D x 43.5"H
360 Room Tour:
Please note: All residence hall rooms vary slightly in size and layout.