The Ignite RLC brings together first-year students with an interest in entrepreneurship and innovation. Through experiential learning and academic coursework, this RLC will foster an entrepreneurial mindset and provide opportunities for residents to explore and share ideas. Ignite students will learn about launching and building a business from those who have done it, including student startup founders, the vibrant New Orleans business community, and Tulane Alumni. Whether they are coming from a family business, have a business idea they want to launch, or simply want to learn more about the startup process, students will forge meaningful connections and gain real-world experience in entrepreneurship.
HRL works in partnership with Albert Lepage Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation on the Ignite RLC. If you have questions about the RLC content or programming, please contact Timekia Mallery (email@example.com), Senior Program Coordinator of the Lepage Center.
Below are examples of programming that the Ignite RLC students can look forward to:
- The “Ignite Expo”, a welcome event, where students will learn about Lepage Center programming along with other entrepreneurial programs across the university.
- Spark Hours sessions to work on new ideas in an individual or group setting and network with other student ventures on campus.
- Skill Building Workshops on the Business Model Canvas, which is the design tool for defining a business concept.
- Family Business Roundtable Discussion where students from family businesses can gain insight from a local family business about the dynamics of being the next generation to run the business.
- Roundtable events with Tulane Alumni to give their perspective on entrepreneurship and lessons learned.
- “Ask Me Anything” events where students get to ask a local entrepreneur for advice and serves as an opportunity for students to meet Innovators-in-Residence, mentors, faculty and community partners.
As a member of the Ignite RLC, you must take a Tulane Interdisciplinary Experience Seminar (TIDES) course that is affiliated with the RLC. The TIDES program offers first-year courses to students to promote interdisciplinary scholarship and exploration. For descriptions of the courses being offered in each RLC please see the RLC application.
The Ignite RLC application can be found on your Housing Portal when you apply for housing. You must fill out both a Housing Application AND an RLC Application to be considered for the RLC.