During Mardi Gras, Tulane University residents are extended the privilege to host one guest per resident and must register their guest with Housing & Residence Life prior to their guest arriving on campus. Guests staying on campus must be at least 18 years of age by February 18th, 2020. Guests are defined as anyone who is not a campus resident.
The Mardi Gras Agreement and Mardi Gras Guest Registration Form are part of the process Housing and Residence Life has implemented to approve and track guests during Mardi Gras.
Guest Registration Process & Policies
- Tulane University residents may register 1 guest for Mardi Gras.
- All guests must be pre-registered by completing the online pre-registration form. The form must be completed by February 14th, 2020 - late registrations will not be accepted. In order to complete the form you will need your guest’s full contact details including name, email address, phone number, full mailing address, date of birth, date and time of arrival, date and time of departure as well as emergency contact information of guest (full name, mailing address, email address and phone number). The emergency contact information of your guest should not be the Tulane student host’s information.
- Students who have been found responsible for a Code of Student Conduct violation during the 2019 - 2020 academic year will not be permitted to register a guest.
- Guests are allowed to stay on campus between February 19th and February 25th.
- Guests must bring with them to campus a photo state identification card, drivers license, or passport to be registered. Hosts must bring their guest to the Housing and Residence Life office on the first floor of Irby Hall to complete the final step of the registration process during the stated times.
- Housing & Residence Life staff will verify the information on the pre-registration form and scan a copy of your guest's government photo ID for our records.
- A charge will be placed on your student account after Mardi Gras for $150 for your registered guest. You will be fined $300 for each unregistered guest found in your room in addition to any Code of Student Conduct sanctions. All fees are non-refundable.
- A wristband will be issued to and placed on your guest by Housing and Residence Life staff. Replacement wristbands are $50 and will only be provided when the broken wristband with the correct serial number is returned.
- Guests must depart by February 25th, 2020 at 10:00 p.m.
Mardi Gras Guest Registration Hours of Operation
February 19th through February 23rd between 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. in the Housing and Residential Life office on the first floor of Irby Hall.
There will be no late registration and no registration outside of the hours of operation. If your guest cannot arrive in the advertised times the guest must find alternate accommodations off campus.
Mardi Gras 2020 Agreement and Guest Registration Form